Sunday 26 January 2014

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

#easyfoodcreations #healthyeating #muffins

I love lemon poppyseed muffins; they are probably my favourite. Unfortunately too often they are  too soggy, too sweet, too unhealthy. I created a healthier version of the muffin and it turned out to be a bit hit.

I make only 6 muffins instead of 12 as there are only 3 of us. So if you want 12 muffins you will need to  double the ingredients.

Ingredients:
0.5 c spelt flour (You can use whole wheat. I prefer the taste of spelt but it is up to you)
0.5 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.25 tbs vanilla powder
0.25 c raw brown sugar/honey mix (I prefer to use more honey than sugar but it is up to you. You can use other sweetener if you want to.)
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp of flax seed mixed with 1tbsp of water (you can use 1 egg instead or additionally)
0.5 lemon, juice and lemon peel
0.25 c butter or oil (I used grapeseed oil)
0.5 c coconut milk (nut/seed milk, or regular milk)

1. Mix all ingredients well.
2. Pour into muffin forms and let stand until oven is preheated to 177c.
3. Bake at 177c for 20 minutes.
4. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment