Sunday 2 November 2014

Fresh Fig Salad

#easyfoodcreations #healthyeating #figs

Figs are one of my favourite food that I could never get bored of. Figs are very rich in fiber and potassium, which make them a perfect match with my food needs. As some of you know by now my diet is very high in fiber that averages 40g per day vs recommended 28g. If anyone wants to know why send me a message and we can discuss it. After doing a number of food assessments I determined that our potassium intake is consistently low, on average not meeting recommended daily intake. So figs just as beans and lentils are appearing more frequently on our plates. 


Ingredients:
5 fresh figs
250 g Mixed salad greens
2 handfuls of walnuts, soaked for about 30 minutes
Handful of raisins
100g goat cheese

Dressing:
1.5 tsp olive oil
1 tsp black cherry vinegar
Salt and pepper



1. Place greens, add walnuts broken into smaller pieces, raisins, and figs cut into 4-8 pieces each.
2. Add crumbled goat cheese to the salad.
3. Mix olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. Splash over the salad.
4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment