Tuesday 6 January 2015

My Yummy Medicine Cabinet: Super A Soup

#easyfoodcreations #YummyMedicineCabinet #healthyeating

Here is on of my favourite soups that helps me battle cold, flu, sore throat, and sinusitis.
It is packed with healing ingredients that help me get back on my feet fast. Can it help you fight your influenza too?

Ingredients:
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium butternut squash, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 inch ginger root, grated
2 garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds, ground
1-2 tbsp butter
4c stock (vegetable or chicken) 
2c water

1. Melt the butter in a pot, over low heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add stock, water and remaining ingredients.
3. Cook over low heat, gas mark 2.6, for about 40-50 minutes. 
4. Let it cool down a little bit then blend it to a smooth consistency. 
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment