Wednesday 30 December 2015

Artichoke Tart

#easyfoodcreations #healthyeating

I managed to grab some of the archicokes we bought on the weekend, finally! They vanish super fast in my household. I had the artichoke tart on my mind for quite sometime but usually I waited too long to make it and no artichokes were left to make it.

Ingredients:
Crust
0.75c all purpose flour
0.75c spelt flour (or whole wheat) 
50-100g of butter, depending how buttery you want it. I like it quite buttery.
1 tsp salt
0.5c water

Filling
About 12 Artichoke hearts
0.5 larger onion, thinly sliced
1c Mix of grated cheeses (I used smoked cheddar and Danish blue, about 50-50)
0.5c milk
1 egg
1 tsp rosmary 
Salt, pepper


1. Mix all crust ingredients in the processor its dough mixing bit. It takes about 5-7 minutes. You can melt the butter to s up the process.
2. Roll the dough and place in the baking form. Place in the fridge for about 30 min. 
3. In a meantime sauté onion with a little bit of butter for about 5 min or until it is soft and lightly brown. Add artichokes and cook for further 3 minutes.
4. Bake the tart at 200c for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Mix milk with egg, rosmary, salt and pepper. Then mix in cheeses and add artichokes with onions.
6. Place artichoke mix in the tart pan. 
7. Bake for about 30 min at 200
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment